Introduction to the role:
The role will be part of the Global Transaction Services Technology (GTST) APAC team. GTST is a technology service delivery organization supporting the Global Banking and Markets business in Asia Pacific.
The Bank is embarking on a multi-year core banking transformation journey to replace its legacy core banking platform with modern technology platforms. As part of the core banking platform transformation, the bank will seek opportunities to revamp & improve its end to end ecosystem to improve operational & technological efficiency. The core banking platforms support multiple functions in Global Banking and Markets business: e.g. payments, deposits, credit, trade finance, foreign exchange, general ledger.
The candidate will be part of the Program Management Office. This role would suit a candidate with more than 10 years’ experience in Banking domain, preferably in core banking technology area. Senior Technology Project Manager should have sufficient expertise in both the change activity and the system/platform/application architecture to understand the breadth of testing needs and the appropriateness of those needs, but also with the seniority to clearly communicate or accept any risk associated with respect to project/program completion.
- Manage project teams, as well as technical components of complex IT projects.
- Coordinates activities of the project team identifies necessary resources and develops schedules to meet completion deadlines.
- Develops detailed IT work plans, schedules; project estimates, resource plans and status reports on an overall integrated delivery plan.
- Works with stakeholders and key business partners to plan and coordinate the work in the program, in alignment with the priorities, scope, and obligations as determined by senior leaders.
- Is the Technology Representative for a project, an active participant in the work and must demonstrate seniority and authority to represent technology in influencing key decision makers and approver of deliverables, including but not limited to the requirements, design and Implementation Plan.
- Coordinates with intersecting programs and teams to resolve issues and achieve mutually beneficial success through shared responsibility for delivery of end results
- Leverages internal technical and non-technical resources as well as external service providers in a matrix environment.
- Communicates, influences, and negotiates both vertically and horizontally, within and outside the program’s sponsoring organization.
- Integrates knowledge of end-to-end business processes into program planning and decision making processes.
- Creates a clear, coherent approach to guide effective program management, execution, and control.
- Ensures stakeholders have visibility into health of the program, including status/progress, risks, and issues.
- Ensures clearly defined responsibilities and accountability for key program and project roles.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable Bank standards and FLU procedures relating to change management.
- Provides guidance and coaching to team members, in particular to project managers relating to effective project management and delivery.
- 10+ Years of relevant industry experience of which preferably 5-7 years in project management experience in a project leadership role; prior people management experience preferred
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to influence, negotiate, coordinate across silos, and drive to positive results
- Collaborates effectively to get things done, building and nurturing strong relationships, and resolving conflicts constructively
- Ability to quickly assume leadership and interact with all levels of management.
- Strong interpersonal, influence, negotiation, organization, and communication skills required.
- A creative, strategic thinker with a very strong practical viewpoint - must be willing to roll up sleeves and operate in a team environment
- Strong business-centric mindset with ability to utilize sound business judgment and tailor approach to drive optimal business outcomes
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Very strong self-motivation, self-direction, organizational skills, and the ability to manage priorities without sacrificing quality or timelines
- Strong analytical and presentation skills; ability to synthesize data into actionable reports and communicate concepts
- Ability to complete deliverables independently or collaborat