The Virtualization Implementation Engineer’s role is to install, configure and manage the firm’s private cloud computing platform, which is built on VMware Technology. This individual is responsible to install new components into production environment as laid out by firm’s Virtualization Engineering Team(s) and make configuration amendments into the existing production plant. With his knowledge and skills, he/she can suggest amendments in the current installation / configuration procedures, which are more beneficial to the respective implementation project(s) at hand.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language appropriate to both executive and managerial audiences.
- Ability to effectively manage relationships with other implementation teams, application teams, stakeholders, business and customer representatives.
- Organizational skills with attention to task details, documentation and target dates.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Team orientated, willing to share knowledge and collaborate with peers.
- Proven analytical, strategic vision drawing on strong problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Ability to conduct research into server, storage, virtualization issues, standards, and products.
- VMWARE Cloud, Virtualization, Server and Storage vendor Certifications Preferred.
- 10+ years of previous Implementing / Architecting & virtualization experience, across multiple vendor and technologies.
- In-depth understanding of Cloud, Server, Storage, and Virtualization architecture design techniques, theories, principles, and practices.
- Solid experience in implementing enterprise Cloud, Virtualization, Server and Storage systems within a broad spectrum of technologies.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Excellent Knowledge of Private, Public and Hybrid Cloud environments
- Excellent Knowledge of Cloud Orchestration platforms
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows Server, Linux, in HA/DR type configurations.
- Excellent knowledge of Sever hardware platforms: x86
- Excellent knowledge & working experience of VMWare ESXi, vSphere, vSAN, vRA, VRO, VROPs, vRLI, NSX-T, Horizon View
- Excellent knowledge of SAN, NAS, DAS, RAID, SCSI, Fibre Channel, Backup to Disk, clustering, encryption technologies from multiple vendors.
For more information you can email Amita Raj in our Singapore office on email@example.com quoting Job Reference 523609 or alternatively, apply here to register your interest.
Allegis Group Singapore Pte Ltd, Company Reg No. 200909448N, EA License No. 10C4544