Introduction to the role:
The role will be part of the Global Transaction Services Technology (GTST) APAC team. GTST is a technology service delivery organization supporting the Global Banking and Markets business in Asia Pacific.
The Bank is embarking on a multi-year core banking transformation journey to replace its legacy core banking platform with modern technology platforms. As part of the core banking platform transformation, the bank will seek opportunities to revamp & improve its end to end ecosystem to improve operational & technological efficiency. The core banking platforms support multiple functions in Global Banking and Markets business: e.g. payments, deposits, credit, trade finance, foreign exchange, general ledger.
The candidate will be a senior product and techno-functional expert, and will play a leadership role in the banking transformation program. He/She will work with product teams, technical leads, and vendor SMEs for a given work stream (e.g. payments, trade finance) under the core banking transformation program and will have direct accountability in ensuring that business requirements for the work stream are designed and implemented as per expectation. The role is expected to build a deep understanding of the core banking platform and the capability it offers, and play a leadership role in solution ideation, design, and delivery.
The role is required to work closely with business, operations, vendor partners and various peer groups/stakeholders in technology.
- Work with business, operations, and technology teams to gather requirements and recommend the optimal way to implement the solution in the product.
- Organize/Facilitate vendor demos to evaluate tools and solutions that may be adopted. Provide leadership and guidance on functional and technical aspects of the solution.
- Leverage domain and product expertise to set direction and drive project execution. Foresee and proactively address risks, issues, and dependencies.
- Act as the liaison between vendor and internal teams on requirements and oversee their end-to-end implementation.
- Manage user queries during feature implementation, and ensure that they are tracked and closed.
- Participate in system design, SIT, and UAT to ensure that solutions are being delivered and tested as per requirements.
- Ensure knowledge sharing and training on new product features.
- Recommend and implement data migration and integration strategies.
- Develop the Day-1 Operating model and support its implementation post go live.
Essential Skills (Technical / Business Domain / Managerial/ Soft skills)
- Sound knowledge of the Wholesale Banking domain: e.g. deposits, payments, receivables, liquidity management, trade finance, commercial loans, credit management, FX.
- Experience in Core Banking transformation, and in designing core banking solutions that fit into a complex product ecosystem.
- Experience working with product and service vendors, and with the onshore-offshore delivery model.
- Ability to drive senior level discussions with good presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to influence & work with regional and global partners/stakeholders to drive the program forward.
- Execution and result oriented. Aptitude for critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making.
Desired Skills (Technical / Domain / Managerial/ Language Skills)
- Finacle implementation expertise.
- Knowledge of Finacle Core modules and the Finacle data model.
- Knowledge of Finacle Scripting and Finacle Workflows.
- Familiarity with Asia Banking market practices
To apply, please click on the link below:
Allegis Group Singapore Pte Ltd, Company Reg No. 200909448N, EA Licence No. 10C4544